Peters Meadow Mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise_Named_Alfred

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX
I was wandering around my local petsmart today and i was looking through the grass section and saw timothy hay and orchard hay and alf alfa, but also saw Peter's Meadow Mix.

It contains: Sun-cured Meadow Fescue Hay, Sun-cured Alaska Brome Hay, Sun-cured Perennial Rye Grass, Sun-cured Timothy Hay, Sun-cured Birdsfoot Trefoil Hay, Sun-cured Red Clover Hay, Sun-cured Bluegrass Hay, and Sun-cured White Clover Hay.

2nuovq.jpg

Would this mixture be a good idea for my Leo?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yes that would be fine for your Leo. :)Alfalfa is the only one to really avoid, as it is too high in protein.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I didn't know Petsmart had grass seed. I have not noticed it in our two local ones.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Then again, I mainly hit the reptile area, the fish area (for turtle food), the gerbil food zone, ferret zone, and by then they normally have all the crickets bagged up and ready to go.

Use to have rabbits (showed them) and guinea pigs, but have neither currently. Just eye them at the store. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jacqui, I believe this is mature dried hay form. not seed. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have seen this at my Petsmart here in CA. It is packaged similar to Timothy hay for Rabbits, guinea pigs etc.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*blushes* Now that I have seen...and bought along the way. :D Just for some reason was thinking seed like I called it in my other post. Guess I have just been spending too much time in the garden center/nursery areas and have that mind set now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.