Petunia and Daisy's Day of Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
We had a beautiful day here in Florence, AZ. Warm sun and cool breeze, so we decided to take the girls out for some exercise. They had a blast!

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

And a video...

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Arizona is full of sun! They look like they are enjoying the nice warm sun!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very cute and I loved the video. Loved the Banjo and the Fiddle playing. Always love it when there's music put with it. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So do you and your wife play the musical accompaniment while your torties roam? ;)

And hey, when Petunia was striking out into the leaves in the shade, I had a thought--is there any danger to tortoises from scorpion bites? After all, it is Arizona.

Other than that I am very jealous of you living in a warm state and able to let your girls out to romp and roam...*SIGH* :cool:

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
So do you and your wife play the musical accompaniment while your torties roam? ;)

And hey, when Petunia was striking out into the leaves in the shade, I had a thought--is there any danger to tortoises from scorpion bites? After all, it is Arizona.

Other than that I am very jealous of you living in a warm state and able to let your girls out to romp and roam...*SIGH* :cool:

That's an interesting question. I have kept scorpions as pets for several years now. (They're pets like fish are pets.) The bark scorpion wouldn't be under leaves or bushes necessarily. And most scorpions will run FAST if something is approaching - and Lord knows Petunia gives plenty of notice!

M

Maggie Cummings

I am jealous too Steph...Bob hasn't been out for 4 days, and MAN!, he lets me know it. I took his treat out about 6PM last night and the mess he left me in his shed is beyond belief. Poop and hay everywhere. Poop on the walls and poop and hay in his water dish.
It was so bad it took me about half an hour just cleaning the floor. How does a person get dried poop off the walls? And more then that, how does a tortoise PUT dried poop on the walls???!!! The jerk!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I'm sure Bob paints that poop onto the walls with love and artistry...;)

So how hot does it get there in Florence in the summer? Do you have to live inside the air conditioned buildilings for most of the summer? :p

Just trying to see a down side. It froze here last night and is forecast to freeze again next Thursday, so I am nearly crying from the frustration of not being able to go out and plant my flowers...poor Taco's still stuck in her indoor pen except for an hour or two in the afternoon when the sun warms the back yard to 60+ degrees. It's maddening, I tell you. :(

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
I'm sure Bob paints that poop onto the walls with love and artistry...;)

So how hot does it get there in Florence in the summer? Do you have to live inside the air conditioned buildilings for most of the summer? :p

Just trying to see a down side. It froze here last night and is forecast to freeze again next Thursday, so I am nearly crying from the frustration of not being able to go out and plant my flowers...poor Taco's still stuck in her indoor pen except for an hour or two in the afternoon when the sun warms the back yard to 60+ degrees. It's maddening, I tell you. :(

Hot? Here? Fortunately, we have been blessed with a beautiful spring. The is a rare beginning to May where we HAVEN'T seen temps in the 100's yet. We got close, but not yet.

Our backyard has been unavailable for our torts due to my wife (bless her heart) brought in a stray dog, thinking we would find his owners quickly. Here we are, two weeks later, and he is still in the backyard. Our dogs don't like him and he's too big and hyper to have inside with all of the other animals - just to give the afternoon to the torts. He has also put a temporary stop to my building Daisy her outdoor pen. Hope we find him a home soon!! By then, it WILL be in the 100's...then the 110's...

Madortoise

5 Year Member
That was really fun to watch. Was the video's speed normal? They were running very fast; must be they are warmed up good.

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
I love the pics and the video is fantastic. Your torts are real posers !! :D Its great to see them outside and roaming free ! A great watch, I shall show my son when he comes home from work.

Jackie

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Madortoise said:
That was really fun to watch. Was the video's speed normal? They were running very fast; must be they are warmed up good.

Yes, normal speed! Daisy would not leave my side for about 10 minutes. So if I got up and moved away to tend to Petunia, or to try and take a picture of her, Daisy would zoom right next to me. Petunia can haul it when she wants to as well.

Who says tortoises are slow??

Status
Not open for further replies.