Phillip youre spooking me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex uk
What can animals see and sense that we can't? I just bathed him and put him on his towel by the lamp to warm up before we go outside. Gary my cat just got up mid deep sleep to stare at "something" on the other side of the room. Not unusual. My other cat then did the same. Ok... Leave it at that. Now the tortoise is doing it! He's wandered closer too. There's nothing there so why haha. A bit random I know so apologies, just amazed me that Phillip has shown an interest I've never seen this before. I have to say I'm a little spooked :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Lots of people think animals have an "ability" to see and sense things that we can't, in fact most animals have a better sense of smell ( dogs Like 10000 times better) and hearing ( again dogs) Cats for the most part also have better senses than humans, often time they hear something we can't plus with the way a cat's ear works they can control their ear muscles to listen better. as for the tortoise who knows he could be picking up on the cat's behavior or he may sense something that you can't. Or maybe your house is haunted.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Cheers for that haha... *runs & hides with the duvet over my head*
I'm not sure if I believe in that sort of thing really. Who knows... The cats do it a lot was just rare that Phillip took interest and even walked over there.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I don't know why, but dmmj's response gave me a nervous giggle. :D Seriously, I believe animal are more intune with what we have no knowledge about.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Well if it is they are happy enough and leaving me alone haha x

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
...or mice in the floors! Cats can hear and smell but Torts can smell and FEEL vibrations in the ground....maybe there is a nest of some type under the floor in that area.... Take your choise....Ghost or rodents... :p

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Maybe they can see "The Woman in Black" :-D I assume the movie was released over there since it stars Daniel (Harry Potter) Radcliffe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cats are amazing! I'm a bit hard of hearing, so I have my TV up pretty loud. I have an indoor cat who is my faithful companion. Wherever I go in the house, she goes with me. So if I'm watching TV, she's usually on my lap. The other night she woke up from a sound sleep (remember, the TV is on loud) and rushed to look out the window. Out of curiosity, I went and looked too. It was an 'possum walking by. It was not making any noise, just walking by. How on earth did that cat hear that?

I didn't realize that tortoises were that aware though. I have always figured they depend upon their eye sight and nose to scent out what was happening around them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
clare n said:
Well if it is they are happy enough and leaving me alone haha x

Haha, for now:D. Don't pee them off. I would sleep with the cat by my side, just incase, they could give you early warning:p:D. Sleep good tonight :D

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
I haven't seen the film! Good job I reckon, I sleep like someone had knocked me over the head so I think I'll b fine :S . Young children are surprisingly aware. Friend of mines two children on separate occasions have asked why there's a lady in the kitchen. Too young to conspire about it or communicate to make a story up, if you see what I mean. Very odd...
Cats do have amazing senses, my mum had a cat called "radar" he knew a good 5 mins before someone came to the door

Status
Not open for further replies.