Pics of my enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

franeich

5 Year Member
This is my tort table. i keep it outside year round. The box in the corner is his warm shelter. When it rains i put an umbrella over the whole thing.

0315001054.jpg

0315001053a.jpg

0315001052.jpg

Any advice is welcome.

franeich

5 Year Member
THe white thing is for a wireless thermometer that is inside my house. It tells me the temp and humidity.I live in Socal so it doesnt get very cold. i did bring him in the couple night it got below freezing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think its great that you are able to keep your tortoise outside year-round. This is SO much better for his mental and physical well-being. Good for you!!!

So now we just have to figure out how to keep your little electrical pieces dry if it rains. I guess you can build some sort of box-like affair that goes over the whole corner, keeping it dry. Just something to use on those occasions when it is wetter than normal??? An umbrella would semi-work, unless the wind were to blow the water in sideways. I guess even a tarp over that corner might work out. This is such an inventive group, I'm sure someone will come up with a solution for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.