Pied Brazilian Redfoot male

Onidara

This is my 19 year old import Brazilian male. He is an pied Redfoot with it on his skin, and his baby's do too . His markings in the pictures are the front ones. So does anyone else have anything like this Or did I just start an new Redfoot bloodline?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499815346.924410.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499815356.844159.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499815367.884741.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499815384.043554.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Marbling like that on the shell fades away with age. But I don't actually know about body pigment.
@Pearly has a beautifully marbled, "pied"Cherryhead.
But I'm not sure if any of the limbs also marbled

Onidara

There wasn't any marbling on him but the bottom and the markings on the limbs doesn't go away

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Need pic of the baby or it doesn't exist-internet rules. Ha! I've never seen that before. I am very interested in seeing more pics. @cdmay may have seen this. My first instinct would be that it is a scar, but if it is being passed down it may be something else.

Onidara

I have 7 eggs in the incubator right now that he is the daddy of I'm sure.

xirxes

Looks like scar tissue to me. But who knows?

The photographic evidence for this coloration existing in his offspring not withstanding, I too fully expect that these are healed wounds, scar tissue. Nature is a series of near death experiences, many of them violent.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm excited to see what happens. I had a rescue iguana with healed burns that looked a lot like his pied markings, especially the one behind his head.

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
My grandmother was and my hubby is pied. I can't say anything to those areas where the individual scales are white, but those areas on neck skin have the same broken pattern and spotting. I have seen similar markings on a burned dog, but the skin there was shiny and very much thickened. The skin around the pied markings on the tort don't seem to have any textural differences from the surrounding skin. I'd like to see more pics, though.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
The photographic evidence for this coloration existing in his offspring not withstanding, I too fully expect that these are healed wounds, scar tissue. Nature is a series of near death experiences, many of them violent.
This would start the legend of the tortoise that survived a leopard attack by jumping in the river and then battling a caiman! All that would be missing is an eye patch!