Pine Pollen

DWB

5 Year Member
My home is in the shadows of 2 100' pine trees. This time of year, they are "blooming", which means EVERYTHING is covered with insidious yellow pollen, including all my vegetation that becomes tort food.

Does anyone think this might harm my little buddy? He is quite small and I have to give him only the best. Washing the leaves probably won't get it all off.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Pine Pollen is a tonic medicine, meaning that it can be used over a course of time, without it having toxic effects on your body. It is also adaptogenic so it will cater to exactly what your body needs and treat any areas of distress. As a nutritive, Pine Pollen can be consumed in large amounts to derive any of the wide range of vitamins and minerals it contains, such as Vitamins A B-Carotene, B1, B2, B3, B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E. Its host of minerals include Calcium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Phosphorous, Potassium, Selenium, Silicon, Sodium, and Zinc. Oh, and another plus: Pine Pollen contains over twenty amino acids and all eight essential amino acids! Do you know what this means? It is a complete protein!

~Androgenic (stimulates anabolic endocrine activity)
~Nutritive/Tonic (Western/Asian herbalism terms for herbal adaptogens, meaning it has no toxicity over long term use)
~Aphrodisiac (promotes a healthy and high libido)
~Lung tonic (boosts the immune system and beautifies the skin which are both controlled by the Lung organ system in Asian medicine)
~Kidney tonic (very rejuvenative to the brain, hair, bones and endocrine system which are controlled by the Kidney organ system in Asian medicine)
~Liver tonic (stimulates liver regeneration and regulates bile secretion which are controlled by the Liver organ system in Asian medicine)
~Heart tonic (increases cardiovascular endurance, raises blood levels of Superoxide Dismutase and lowers cholesterol)
~Spleen tonic (Nourishes the muscles and increases metabolism which are both governed by the Spleen organ system in Asian medicine)

Pine pollen powder has been used extensively in traditional cultures throughout Asia. The earliest mention of pine tree pollen's medicinal use is in Chinese herbalism from the classic text "The Pandects of Materia Medica" by Shen Nong. The benefits of pine pollen have also been used by the Koreans where it is sold in boxes much like baking soda or other baking ingredients. It is used in food for it's amazing mineralization and adaptogenic properties.

To date there is no information about pine pollen powder's history of use in Western herbalism, Native American herbalism or Ayurvedic herbalism. All of these systems have used pine nuts medicinally (which are mildly androgenic) and Native American herbalism uses the inner bark of pine trees as a food and medicine as well.

:D