Pink marks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about the little red triangular shape? That just looks like something stuck on the shell.

If you're talking about the pink showing THROUGH, not actually ON the plastron, That's the inside of the tortoise showing through the shell.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Yes that's a piece of radicchio, is it ok for the pink show through I've been a bit worried and I only noticed it today

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I've hear it's new growth or could it be something else. Sorry for asking so many questions I'm a new worried tortoparent:)

drew54

Indiana
I've hear it's new growth or could it be something else. Sorry for asking so many questions I'm a new worried tortoparent:)

New growth are the pink vertical and horizontal lines. There pink showing through the plastron as Yvonne mentioned is the torts insides. Because the plastron is flexible as a hatchling it sometimes can be transparent like in your case. The tort is constantly growing so is the plastron and carapce along with the bridge. I believe this is normal.

If I'm right in this when you see bright red spots under the plastron is time to panic as it's I believe internal bleeding? I think if yippy do a forum search you can find other examples of that.

But I'm sure your little dude is just growing.