Plant ID

queen koopa

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
Sorry for the poor pictures but it is sooo bright out I cannot see if my pics are any good... but need some help. I put these in my Picture This plant app and it only gave me 2 options of what they thought it could be and the written description of the fruit and flower are not a match at all. To ME, looks like a tomato!? I squeezed one of the fruits and it definitely looks like green tomatoes seeds. The most odd part of this plant find is that it is growing in the middle of a rock pile (like melon size rocks and pebbles/dirt) in our horses yard. No water and only 1 single weed (took a pic as well) I’ve seen pop up out there.C0D89560-782D-4CAD-B5B7-24A93255B602.jpeg62140178-B32A-4553-81BB-7197FD4F1B13.jpegC2B65EDA-EE22-4ED7-BEFA-C5CC957F454C.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Thanks guys. I pulled it. Though I really wanted to put a fence around it and water it to see what happened. It tried hard to live there.A4B57475-B632-4C7E-B6EF-D75777406130.jpeg3DED1681-1ED5-4620-BA91-0BA67B06CF75.jpegA4B57475-B632-4C7E-B6EF-D75777406130.jpeg9BDD3989-2492-46A7-B3E9-ED1181050E2E.jpeg

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Poor little thing.

A nightshade for sure. Some random (Thai?) eggplant a bird dropped maybe? Or blew in. Seems like nightshades will pop up anywhere. A tomato planted itself at my unversity’s rose garden last year. No vegetable plot within a half a mile, at best. It got about two feet tall before someone noticed and made the gardeners take it out. :( I was rooting for it.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Poor little thing.

A nightshade for sure. Some random (Thai?) eggplant a bird dropped maybe? Or blew in. Seems like nightshades will pop up anywhere. A tomato planted itself at my unversity’s rose garden last year. No vegetable plot within a half a mile, at best. It got about two feet tall before someone noticed and made the gardeners take it out. :( I was rooting for it.
Yeah google was saying something about Thai eggplant. There is a house behind us that I can tell has a well tended garden, probably 30 yards space between their yard and the weird plant grew. Possibly the seed came from them. How the hell did it germinate? Hasn’t rained in months. Though that area doesn’t get very much horse poo, thinking maybe when the horses did use it, the seed took advantage of the moisture....

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yeah google was saying something about Thai eggplant. There is a house behind us that I can tell has a well tended garden, probably 30 yards space between their yard and the weird plant grew. Possibly the seed came from them. How the hell did it germinate? Hasn’t rained in months. Though that area doesn’t get very much horse poo, thinking maybe when the horses did use it, the seed took advantage of the moisture....

I doubt it. Those “weeds” arent edible and not planted in a veggie garden by anyone. All it takes is one seed...

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Hardy little buggers.