Plantain seeds

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
So I've bought my plantain seeds from this seller in the past and just wanted to pass it on now that we're all heading into winter and thinking about spring.

Look at this on eBay:

Common Broadleaf Plantain Seed Seeds Edible Like Lettuce & Pet Tortoise Food

http://bit.ly/176wTzx

On a side note, after I let them know that I use the plant to feed my tortoises, odd thing, they changed the title of the listing. Huh.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thanks Cowboy. I've been wanting to get my hands on those seeds.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You know, I've got them wild here. These broad leaf, as well as the narrow leaf. But as is the nature of weeds, they don't always grow where you want them to, so I bought 10,000 seeds for broadcast planting in tortoise pens.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, I think I'm gonna try growing 1,000 seeds. I hope they take.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Thank you Ken!
I just ordered 2500 seeds.
Appreciate the info!
[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Cowboy_Ken said:
You know, I've got them wild here. These broad leaf, as well as the narrow leaf. But as is the nature of weeds, they don't always grow where you want them to, so I bought 10,000 seeds for broadcast planting in tortoise pens.

I have a similar problem in that they grow in one of the areas of the yard that my sulcata is not allowed to go. In the past I have purchased seeds and harvested seeds, but have not had much success broadcast planting them. I have now started several in pots and so far have been able to transplant them into the yard.