Planting a garden!

L

LasTortugasNinja

Every year, my wife drags me outside to toil and labor. She says she doesn’t understand my complaints because “all boys like to play in dirt” ... bah!

anyhoo... this year, it was more fun than usual coz she let me pick out some plants that are tortoise friendly, in addition to the usual tomatoes, peppers, kale (gag) etc.

we also planted a hardy hibiscus. My wife was shocked I wanted to plant such a “girly flower” until she found out it’s entirely edible by tortoises. Bwahahahahaha!

need to get the testudo mix soon, but just spent a fortune on this part of the garden. Wife doesn’t want to buy weeds since the yard has so many. Lol

9F9D28C6-3F23-4F77-BFA3-02401A98B44E.jpeg1CDBF066-0853-4380-B386-5977D63ABEB7.jpeg

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
wow same here! but it’s my mom we bought a acre and building a house. we are going to build a “Garden” i go with her and try to buy tortoise safe Plants. lol

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Just make sure it’s got a secure perimeter! At this point I believe my Russian could just about tunnel through steel. ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Every year, my wife drags me outside to toil and labor. She says she doesn’t understand my complaints because “all boys like to play in dirt” ... bah!

anyhoo... this year, it was more fun than usual coz she let me pick out some plants that are tortoise friendly, in addition to the usual tomatoes, peppers, kale (gag) etc.

we also planted a hardy hibiscus. My wife was shocked I wanted to plant such a “girly flower” until she found out it’s entirely edible by tortoises. Bwahahahahaha!

need to get the testudo mix soon, but just spent a fortune on this part of the garden. Wife doesn’t want to buy weeds since the yard has so many. Lol
HA! I went through this with my wife too.
Me: "No honey. Those are toxic. Let's get these instead."
Wife: "I'm not getting them for your tortoises..."
Me: "Well if we are going to put in the time and effort to grow stuff, let's grow stuff they can eat."
Wife: Buys the stuff they can't eat...