plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
I'm looking to start growing some plants in my little golden Greek hatchlings enclosure. What are some good plants to grow in am enclosure? And where to buy them? Thanks for any advice :).

Lstrayer92

5 Year Member
I just started growing plants in my russians home last week, cat grass (as suggested by another member) is very easy and safe to grow, I have 0 natural sunlight in my bedroom and it still grew all I had to do was spray the area daily (sometimes twice). its sprouting up nicely now! and I also just planted som lettuce so we will see how that goes lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Would you prefer to grow from seeds or rather get already started plants?

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
Swiss chard seems to grow well. He didn't really eat much of it in the enclosure but it provided an excellent shady hiding place for him. I also planted hosta and a couple tropical hibiscus. I tried to plant some brussels sprouts plants that I bought in 2" pots and guess what? He ate them all before they ever got very big. Guess he liked those. I'll probably plant some more of those this year for his enjoyment.

Guess I should have asked if the enclosure was inside or out.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the suggestions I will have to try them out.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I heard Aloe vera , clover and dandelion are also good to grow inside enclosure is that true?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have never succeeded with clover indoors.

Spider plants are great for indoors though. Grow one main plant not in the enclosure and it will throw out runners providing a constant supply of baby plants that can be used as tortoise food and to grow on in your enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.