Plastron and Sleeping

GeorgeTheTort_14

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So my Hermanns hatchling was hatched on the 19th of last month, he’s been eating well,Wales up every day from about 9 or 10 in the morning and goes to bed at 9 pm everyday, I’m a little worried about the bottom plastron and how it seems a little soft, I am not sure maybe it’s just me feeling paranoid, and for sleeping, I read somewhere where it’s bad if they are sleeping all the time, for a while he has been extremely active and never sleeping until it was time to go to bed, but for about the past 2 days he would wake up, soak, eat, and around 12 burrow himself near his basking spot and sleep for the rest of the day, i read that they can sleep from 19-22 hours a day as a hatchling and this is okay, but else where that it shows they are unhealthy and something is wrong

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If he's eating and pooping, and you are soaking daily, then he should be fine. Its normal for them to hide and sleep all day when their needs are met. No need to expose yourself to predators if you are warm and already have a full belly.