plastron scratches or shell rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaderLeprechaun

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
ok so what i circled in blue is what i believe turbo did to himself by climbing over stuff but the thing circled in red looks like other images ive seen of shell rot. there are a couple other spots that look similar but im not exactly sure. help would be appreciated so i can nip this in the butt if its something bad

Attachments

• 100_1556.JPG
    100_1556.JPG
    965.8 KB · Views: 127

LeaderLeprechaun

5 Year Member
Mississippi
prolly but i get super paranoid about stuff xD like it will bother me 24.7 unless i fix it LOL thanks for replying to my 2nd thread of the day

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very well could be either. Especially noticing her liking to climb into the waterfall on your other post. However I did notice the substrate rather wet in that photo as well. This a majority of the time a cause for she'll rot. I always make sure the humidity is very high but the substrate is kept rather dry to alleviate this issue. It's kinda hard. I would go o Walgreens and get some betadine (always good to have on hand for torts) and scrub her shell real we'll and rinse it to prevent any shell rot. In this case try to keep it as dry a possible in her enclosure but still have ambient humidity high. Spraying their food and te actual tort is always ok too. You can also use the betadine to clear this spot up "if" it does progress to shell rot. And if it is it's the very beginning which is easily rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.