Please check out my website, and provide feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I LOVE the shots my camera takes on a sunny day, but completely in the shade. Sherman's (Sulcata) pictures were taken in the shade, and the CDTs were in the sun. They both look good, but I love the clarity of Sherman's more. :D

franeich

5 Year Member
I dont see a problem with the donate. Littlefoot is a rare tortoise. Arent they endangered also?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
there were a total of 12 subspecies of Galapagos Tortoises, now I believe there are only 10 left. One of those, there is only one individual left. There is a ban on exporting Galaps off the islands. So the only way the USA will get more Galaps is with captive breeding programs. However, you must find the same subspecies to produce fertile and viable offspring. I have been told that Littlefoot could be a hybrid of a couple subspecies. I do hope to one day find a suitable boyfriend for her, but that is at least 10 more years away.

I believe because of all the protections with Galaps and because the people of the Galapagos and Ecuador cherish these tortoises so much, the ones that are left on islands are safe from humans. The exact term for their protected status is "Vulnerable".

If you want to learn more about Galapagos Tortoises go here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galapagos_tortoise

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Hi Corey, just a few typos for you really, you also use a lot of upper case letters in the middle of sentences that shouldn't be upper case.

Mazuri tortoise food is the best food you can possibly give your tortoise. It has the exact about of Fiber, Fat, Protein, Calcium, (no need for upper case letters here) and much more that your tortoise needs. You can use it as a supplement or (as) the tortoise's staple diet.

Here are (some) HIGHLY recommended Turtle/Tortoise/Reptile/Animal Websites(.)
I would take the information found on these sites to be good and reliable, and I have/would shop at these sites as well.
And No! they aren't paying to be on this page. :)

Tyler is the proud owner of this site. He has a HUGE selection of reptiles and supplies. He is based in Las Vegas, NV. He is very knowledge(able) about many different species of turtles and tortoises. He also have a large supply of cypress mulch that is probably the best on the market.

This Non-Profit Rescue is run by a very talented, smart, motivated, and extremely busy lady named Yvonne. She takes care of 100+ animals every single day. She has a huge knowledge on dearly everything about animals and how to take care of them. If you have a turtle or tortoise (unfortunately not a Red Eared Slider), Yvonne will take it in, regardless of its health or origin.

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Tom Greek for any pet, but especially for turtles and tortoises. He really know(s) how to handle, diagnose, and treat reptiles.

Also are you going to modify the home page at all? The Mazuri page with the tortoise photos either side of the Mazuri headline looks great, something like that would look good on your homepage too. :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
oh wow!!! thanks so much!! i love having an english teacher redline my site. thanks so much. I will make all of the corrections you suggested!!!! :)

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
spikethebest said:
oh wow!!! thanks so much!! i love having an english teacher redline my site. thanks so much. I will make all of the corrections you suggested!!!! :)

Ha, you're welcome, what can I say, I love to proof read. :)

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Few More Corrections

Noticed a few things :)
Tyler is the proud owner of this site. He has a HUGE selection of reptiles and supplies. He is based in Las Vegas, NV. He is very knowledge about many different species of turtles and tortoises. He also have a large supply of cypress mulch that is probably the best on the market.

I traditionally plead ignorance about turtles. I don't know much about aquatic turtles, and I don't particularly care to learn at this point.

Maggie said my cypress was terrible. But I like it, and so does everyone else I know :)

Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.