please help asap what happen to this tortoise actually because i gonna buy it tomorrow

mike6789

Location (City and/or State)
indonesia
hai this is my friend ivory sulcata. his eye got damage because he used the to bright light bulb around 2 month ago do you guys have any suggestion for this? or any medicine for this thank youIMG_3320.jpgIMG_3321.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My first suggestion is for you to immediately stop housing all the different species together. Each species needs its own enclosure.

About the eyes - you can buy this product online: Zoetis-Terramycin-Ophthalmic-Ointment

mike6789

indonesia
My first suggestion is for you to immediately stop housing all the different species together. Each species needs its own enclosure.

About the eyes - you can buy this product online: Zoetis-Terramycin-Ophthalmic-Ointment

thank you... it's not permanent damage?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One can't predict the future, but I hold out hope that with treatment it will be ok.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Im not trying to do my expert here but it is common knowledge that tortoises must not be raised on a piece of cardboard...Is there substrate somewhere else in the enclosure? Also as Yvonne said species should not be mixed and they look extremely crammed in there...

mike6789

indonesia
Im not trying to do my expert here but it is common knowledge that tortoises must not be raised on a piece of cardboard...Is there substrate somewhere else in the enclosure? Also as Yvonne said species should not be mixed and they look extremely crammed in there...

well first of all its not mine hahaha but i think its juat a play time cage their cage is much beter IMG_3386.jpg

mike6789

indonesia

thanks for your help

mike6789

indonesia
You should ask your friend to come on here. I see some issues with the tortoise tank. Those rabbit pellets are not good for any tortoise especially not a sulcata. We may be able to help your friend and point out some things that he/she might not know.

actually he is an old indonesian tortoise breeder. i will try to ask him to come to this group

mike6789

indonesia
update.... my friend said if this ivory eye actually are not damage because of the bulb but he said it comes like this from baby.... me my self start confuse with this.... btw any suggestion is this ivory just got blind eye or even disability of other body system

mike6789

indonesia
first of all it's not my ivory... i want to buy this ivory soon but before that i want to ask you guys what is happening with my ivory tortoise the seller say he bought it from HK and since baby this ivory got eye damage..... no my question is.... in your opinion this tortoise only got eye damage or even another inner body part damage respiratory system digestive or other IMG_3320.jpgIMG_3321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 102

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't buy it. One should always look for bright, shiny eyes, and active tortoise that you can see eating readily. If he'll give it to you for free, it would be ok to take it, but you don't have any reassurance the tortoise will be able to see and eat, and it may die.