Please Help!! Need ideas for feeding 3 adults and 1 subadult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psj408

5 Year Member
I am new to the site and I have 3 sulcatas that are around 17 inches long and one that is 8 inches. They eat all the grass that I have in the backyard and always want more but there isn't anymore. I bought a bale of orchard grass but they don't really like it so i decided to cut the grass from the front to feed them and they love it but they eat all of that as well. Occasionally i feed them mixed greens which they always finish but I don't think it is the healthiest choice. Does anyone have ideas that I could possibly use.
Thanks
Pete

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
With that many sulcatas I'm assuming you have a decent amount of land. Can you section it off allowing them to eat in one section while the other grows? You can even make more that two sections allowing enough time for the grass to recover.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Check out the tortoisetable.org. Also, if you don't have enough yard for them, your going to have to buy grocery greens and Mazuri and supplement. Also, get some seeds and plant. Maybe section off part of your yard and plant it with seeds. When it comes up good, let them in that section, while you plant the other section of the yard. Also, try wetting the hay and try alfalfa along with the orchard hay. Good luck. Others will have ideas.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Don't know where you live, but you may be able to find a neighbor with a mulberry tree. The leaves are great for sulcata. Grape leaves are good too if you can get them. I grow opuntia cactus that mine feed on. Can you grow hibiscus where you live? Also I grow squash/zucchini mostly for the big leaves that they produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.