Plumbago & Ixora

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewhale

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Aloha everyone,

I'm new here, and setting up an outdoor enclosure for a soon-to-be acquired redfoot yearling. I was at Home Depot the other night and picked up a couple of plants that seemed alright at the time. I'm wondering now if I will just be poisoning my tort when the time comes. Second thoughts! The one with bluish flowers is a plumbago, which I had in my backyard growing up alongside a pair of desert tortoises (back in CA). I remember them eating the leaves and flowers to no ill effect. Has newer lit shown that plumbago is toxic?

IMG_0033.jpg

The other plant I grabbed was something called an ixora, from Thailand. It seems to grown into an awesome, dense shrub that should provide great shade from our Hawaiian sun. I can't find this on any toxic/non-toxic plants list. Does anyone know?

IMG_0034.jpg

Thanks!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
And I though these were going to be some uniquely named torts, sorry can't help you with the plant ID, but I am sure someone will pipe in..
Na

ewhale

10 Year Member!
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'll keep the thread active, but I decided to return the 'plumbago' and pot the ixora away from the tort enclosure. Better safe than sorry, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.