pond in her enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
i came across the idea of making a pond in my red foots enclosure. i thought it would make the environment more friendly and more realistic. came across this idea when i bought some hydro balls today. has anybody tried this or has one they could show me a photo off? or would this be too difficult and messy to do?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a stream. It has a small shallow pond at either end. There are Fathead minnows living in it to eat the mosquito larvae, and they swim all the way from top to bottom.

KristinasPictures315.jpg

KristinasPictures319.jpg

KristinasPictures3593.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

What a great enclosure! I sure wish I had something like it. I am seriously impressed...

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
That is one nice enclosure! Excellent job on the water feature. It looks like they really enjoy it. :)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
You just HAVE to post more pictures throughout the Summer as everything is growing in! That 2nd pic is my fave.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
what a great enclosure. what kind of pump did you use?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
It is a Catalina 800, 370 GPH return pump, purchased off Ebay for $25 I think. I use the same kind of pump for water changes on my big tanks.

I made a housing for it, out of a small plastic container, filled with filter floss, to protect against debris and filter the water somewhat.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
how did you get your pont like that. ?
what did you use at the bottom of it its black as i can see.
it looks great, .
whats the measurement of your cage. ?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I just dug it out in the shape that I wanted it, lined it with pond liner, and then added the gravel and sand. I had to cut the pond liner in a couple of places to make it fit, and I just glued it together with silicone.

The pen is 14' X 24'.

natalie

5 Year Member
wow great enclosure! just got a sulcata and was lookin for some ideas on a small river/pond area. Hope mine looks as great as yours!! A++++ Love it!

85hardy

5 Year Member
That looks great. I've been wanting to do that too in my Red foot's area. I will have to see what i can do with the pond liner i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.