Poopy is constipated

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Can we get some pictures of him and his setup? He should have a pool he can soak in (large water dish) or drink from when he wants.
What else are you offering apart from the dandelions? As has been suggested, opuntia cactus and cucumber are good when there is constipation, but the recommended sulcata diet is the way to go when he gets back to normal, hope this will work out well. What is the vet saying re the report?

Cathyjo

Illinois
Poopy update; Poopy did poop yesterday but took him to another Vet yesterday who deals with Exotic animals. She was very knowledgeable and was able to get a blood sample from Poopy so will have results in a couple of days. She said not to give him anymore Panacor worm med since pin worms are not a problem for them. She also said he seems to be healthy and unless blood work comes back with issues she thought he was ok but gave me some more tips on his care and I although I soak him everyday she said I need to provide water in his pen for him to drink when he so desires so I have set some in his pen now. Will update again when results of blood test comes back. Thank you to all who are responding to my messages. I so appreciate the advise!

Cathyjo

Illinois
Poopy update: Poopy’s constipation seems to be better now. He is not pooping everyday but every couple of days which is probably because he is not eating as much inside as he has in the past. He eats good outside when I can take him out when the weather is good but we are having a very cool and rainy spring so am not able to take him out everyday. So he does not eat everyday. The Vet did a blood test on him and all came back normal and she said he seems like a healthy tortoise. I am attaching a picture of him as s the Vet.

Attachments

• C95E9CDF-6ED1-4587-9BF2-D430B4E60D88.jpeg
    C95E9CDF-6ED1-4587-9BF2-D430B4E60D88.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 3

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Good to hear things are looking up. These shelled critters work their way into our :<3: & when they are sick it breaks said :<3:. Only people who have owned a :tort: can understand.