Poorly tortoise

Emma Hallam 81

Hi ya I'm new and not quiet sure what I'm doing but I have 3 tortoises I have turbo at 2 years, bolt and boost at 6 months! Bolt is a healthy boy and is a very good eater and is growing well, now my little boost as been so poorly I hav took her to the vets twice she went through a stage where she would not eat, I have all the right set up heat bulbs uv light ect.... I have the right temp cool side and warm side! Even the vets was puzzled!! I've been bathing her in repto boost for 3 weeks now, the second time I took her back to the vets they warmed her, I was very close to loseing her! She is a tiny little thing but has jus started to eat but won't eat leafs lettuce ect she's only interested in fruit any Ideas any one? Xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Emma, and welcome to the Forum!!

There are several things wrong with your introductory post:

When you refer to, "...all the right set up..." we really need to know exactly what you're talking about. So much of the info you read now-a-days is incorrect and out dated.

We'll need to know, first and foremost, what kind of tortoise are you asking about.

Can we see a picture of the habitat.

What are the different temperatures all over the whole habitat at floor level.

What kind of light are you using.

What kind of food are you offering.

We want to help you, but to give you the right answers, we need to know more.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Everything Yvonne said, I totally second it. All the info you can give will allow us to help you much better and faster.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome...

Also,

Are all three housed together? How does Turbo get along with Bolt and Boost? Are they all the same species? How large is the enclosure?

Regardless to what species, I would remove the weakest one and be sure to se up a good enclosure/hospital enclosure for that tort to relax and recover....