Pop Ups..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I use pop up blocker progams, haven't seen a pop up in a long long time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My Avast anti-virus program automatically blocks pop-ups, so I hardly ever get them. However, once in a great while one will pop up behind the window I'm looking at. But I don't see it until I start closing all the windows and shut down the computer. Thank goodness for pop-up blockers! Incidentally, Avast is free.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

My operating system is Linux so until I saw Yvonne's system I had never seen a pop up. Linux is easy to use and I don't have to worry about pop ups or virus'. But I can't see some videos like on NASCAR.com or the Comcast videos and that bothers me...especially since I spend so much time on NASCAR.com, I'd sure like to watch some of the videos there...

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
TFO is proudly pop-up free! :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
no it isnt!! Its here that I keep having all this stuff pop up!! The little banners in between posts.. a bigger screen pops up all the time.. Im i the only one?!?!? I have to wait or x out of them!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mu pop up blocker is thru my internet provider,(verizon) but most if not all anti virus softwares have pop up blockers also, if you need some good ones let me know I sell a lot of computer software and may be able to povide one at a lower cost.

Laura said:
no it isnt!! Its here that I keep having all this stuff pop up!! The little banners in between posts.. a bigger screen pops up all the time.. Im i the only one?!?!? I have to wait or x out of them!

Bannere ads are different than pop ups, pop ups are usually another screen that blocks your viewing of the website you intend to view, it is very annoying. I personally have never seen a pop up at TFO.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Laura, we do have banner ads, but I know for a fact that this site will never generate a true "pop-up" ad. If you're getting pop-ups while on this site, your browser is likely effected by 3rd-party adware or malware. You might want to download a program like AdAware to remove this stuff from your computer.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
The pop ups ARE the banner ads! i big box comes up on my screen that is the same of the banner..
I'll check into Adware..

Status
Not open for further replies.