Possible cut on tortoises face?

jenHM

Location (City and/or State)
Glenside, PA, USA
Hi all! I'm a tortoise noob, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I think Trudy has some kind of wound on her face, but I'm not sure. Today we went out in the backyard for a few hours. I always watch her when we're outside. She just walked around in the grass. When I picked her up to take her inside, I noticed a dark red substance on her face that looked like blood. I didn't see anything happen that might have hurt her while we were outside, but I'm not sure if it was there before I took her out. I gave her a soak and gently cleaned it with warm water and a soft toothbrush. It didn't seem to bother her. Now it looks like these pics. Is this something I should be concerned about? If it's a cut, is there anything I should do besides clean it with water or should I leave it alone?
For reference, she's a rescue redfoot. I've had her 3 years, and she's probably 16-17 years old. She has had no other health issues. I've never noticed anything else weird on her skin or shell.166F7A25-585E-43AE-A4D0-BAD3FDAD9164.jpeg3ED66DF3-8EFB-43B3-96C8-9747DF2D5BB5.jpegCF7DAE82-7F67-4265-9E70-C828C8A3AA3D.jpeg