Possible Respiratory Infection?

SophieP

Location (City and/or State)
Swaffham, UK
Hi everyone. My Eastern Hermann's tortoise Merwin has developed a popping sound when breathing. I have since raised his enclosure temps which has reduced the noise, and made it sound looser and less obvious. No sign of mucus coming from his nose, he is still active and eating. Could this be a respiratory infection? Would it be best to take him to the vet tomorrow?

Merwin's set up includes an Arcadia 140mm clamp lamp with ceramic heat bulb and Arcadia - ProT5® UVB Desert - D3+ 12% lamp. Basking temp 35°C opposite end of enclosure 20°C. Picture below taken yesterday.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Basking temp should be 95-100F I believe that's around 38C. Rest of enclosure should be 75-80F and can go to 60's at night.
With a possible RI keep the temps at 85F all over day and night for at least a week or 2 after all symptoms gone.
At this time it doesn't sound like a vet is needed.

SophieP

Swaffham, UK
Basking temp should be 95-100F I believe that's around 38C. Rest of enclosure should be 75-80F and can go to 60's at night.
With a possible RI keep the temps at 85F all over day and night for at least a week or 2 after all symptoms gone.
At this time it doesn't sound like a vet is needed.
Thank you. Have upped the temps further. What should I look out for if things start to get worse?