possible shell problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwhitemonster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
new york
its been a while since i posted but my cherry head is doing pretty good. but i do have one consern.

i noticed that the edges my my little guys shell is like "growing over" itself. its hard to expain. i think the shell is growing but i just want to be sure. i willl get pics when he wakes up in the morning.

it is also transparent. i dont know how else to explain it. i hope its nothing.

thanks in advance

bigwhitemonster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
new york
IMG00288-1.jpg

the area i circled/squared is the best shot i can get of the problem. not a very good pic at all but if you see how the shell is like jagged. its only on a few areas of his shell(on the edges).

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Very hard to tell what's going on with that picture. :( Does your camera have a macro mode? It's usually a flower. If you change your camera to marco mode you may get a much better picture. :)

Danny

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Its not a great photo- I've tried to finesse it to see anything, but I am not seeing anything noteworthy. Shells grow like fingernails- there is occasionally a ripple or such, but if it is only happening in one small location, it is probably nothing to worry about.

Shoot another clearer photo, but I don't think you have a problem here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since this is on the front edge of the carapace, maybe its just some sort of damage due to bumping it???

Yvonne

Bryan

10 Year Member!
bigwhitemonster said:
its been a while since i posted but my cherry head is doing pretty good. but i do have one consern.

i noticed that the edges my my little guys shell is like "growing over" itself. its hard to expain. i think the shell is growing but i just want to be sure. i willl get pics when he wakes up in the morning.

it is also transparent. i dont know how else to explain it. i hope its nothing.

thanks in advance

My Cherryheads have transparent edges around the outside of the shell, it looks like new growth to me. But I can't really see anything from your pic, as others have said, try the macro setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.