Possibly adopting..

boris'mommy

Location (City and/or State)
Pleasant Hill, Ca
This baby sulcata in order to keep it healthy and smooth. The owner is giving it away on instagram because his 3 year old says to. I just would hate to see it given away in a haste and not properly cared for! Anyone willing to share experiences with adopting tortoises with me? And also any knowledge on shipping live animals since I'm not sure where they live yet. I'm in Cali and so is he, I'm just not sure if he's willing to meet just yet. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420230863.486589.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, this guy sounds like a real jerk for letting a 3 year old call the shots on an animal. I wonder if he understands the very short attention span kids of that age has. The lizard will be needing a home real soon too.

@Yvonne G adopts out torts, she can help you with that part and most of our breeders can help with shipping.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
He doesn't look happy. Hope you can get him and give a forever home. Way to teach the kid commitment.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I can't decide if the post is amusing, or sad? Either way looks like a lizard will be up for adoption soon.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
What a moron parent!
You can contact " Ship Your Reptiles". They can handle anything.
Nice looking tortoise.

Darkjade

5 Year Member
Ohio
Pets are not a necessity, they are a luxury! By accepting them into ur life, you are committing to caring for them, and living them. They r not pawns for “a more desirable pet” no matter what the age of the owner. It is a commitment!!! ( until death do you apart). It’s sad to see this from a parent and a three year old. No three year old in my care would be given the opportunity to make such a choice.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Where in Cali is he? I used to live near you in Concord... if you can avoid shipping you should, but there may be other options

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The OP hasn't been back here in five or six years.