possibly eating forest moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
today, i changed my leopards substrate because i had noticed bugs in it. i replaced it with coco coir in her humid hide and most of the enclosure, mulch for around the water dish and i thought I'd try the forest moss that comes in bricks for the cooler side. i had sphagnum moss in certain places but she hated it.

now that she discovered the forest moss, she's fascinated by it. i wouldn't say she's exactly eating it, but she's shoving her face in it haha. I've seen her take a bite and spit it out many times. so I'm hoping she'll realize its disgusting.

my question is should i take the chance? i feel like the amount i watched her nibble on in literally a half hour of not taking my eyes off her while she explored the moss wouldn't be enough to cause impaction, i know she's hydrated. the moss doesn't seem as difficult to pass versus other substrates...she might even eat it in the wild if she came across it, right?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If it is the product sold by Exoterra it should be ok. If eaten this too shall pass.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Itort said:
If it is the product sold by Exoterra it should be ok. If eaten this too shall pass.

yes, it is exo terra. and it does really seem like something she could pass. but if she does actually start to eat a substantial account, i will be taking it out. thank you for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.