Potential Metabolic Bone Disease??

Jodipg82

Location (City and/or State)
Oviedo
I posted yesterday about my 2yo Leopard Tortoise's gender and from the picture I posted, it was determined he is very small for his size.
I started looking around the tortoise health forum and am wondering if my Leopard tortoise might have MBD? I watched some videos and saw photos from other posters whose tortoise's had MBD and I'm wondering if this is why he isnt growing and seems to just sleep all the time despite proper temps and humidity...I had posted back in 8/2020, 4 mths after I got him that he wasn't putting on weight so this has been an on-going issue.
It seems like he drags his back legs/doesn't stand up on them fully and his right rear leg seems to slightly 'jerk' as he walks. I took a video of him walking but not sure how to upload.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I doubt its mbd. He doesnt appear to have it and quite young to be showing signs.
As for the walking, do hydrotherapy daily until he walks normal. Putting him daily in deep warm water and making him swim. Supervise the whole time.
Be sure he has a big enclosure, for now a 2 or 3x6 or 8 bigger always better.
It's all likely do to the way he was started.

Jodipg82

Oviedo
I doubt its mbd. He doesnt appear to have it and quite young to be showing signs.
As for the walking, do hydrotherapy daily until he walks normal. Putting him daily in deep warm water and making him swim. Supervise the whole time.
Be sure he has a big enclosure, for now a 2 or 3x6 or 8 bigger always better.
It's all likely do to the way he was started.
Thank you!