Powersun bulb is it safe for Cherry head hatchlings?

Octavious22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I have a zoomed Powersun 100 watt bulb uva/uvb it's a good quality bulb, but Is it safe to use for Cherry head 2 month old hatchlings? If you know anything on this please let me know thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is safe, but some people prefer not to use hot basking areas for CHs or RFs. I leave that to you and people more experienced than me with this species.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I prefer to use a tube-type fluorescent UVB bulb with my RF tortoises when they come in for the winter. Then I provide many, many plants for a lot of shade in the habitat, and heat it all up with a CHE.

Octavious22

5 Year Member
California
I also have a CHE but I can't get temp that I want. The enclosure is semi closed 3/4:eek:f it. I have the bulb with the dome light I don't have an extra tube line that means I would have to spend more money to provide uvb. All this is to quarantine three Cherry head torts. Thanks for the advice though :p

Octavious22

5 Year Member
California
Tom using the powersun bulb the basking spot would be around 90 ish. Your are Right though I'm just kind of tempted cause hatchlings hide 94% of the time. I'm thinking what I'm going to do because I'm
getting the torts next week