Pre travel feast

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
No blessing Maggie. I helped Y as much as I could, I went there to take care of her animals... I didn't create the pen, I just cut the tall grass in there and messed around some then put both Leo's in there.
I probably could have done a better job at keeping her tortoises if she would have just taken her pain pills and slept, but noooo, she didn't. (lol)! So she pushed me around and bossed me, but I knew that was gonna be the way. She has tortoises and turtles that she never posts about. She's afraid criminals would find her place and her tortoises would disappear. Hot, omg 100 degrees. I moved to Oregon 15 years ago. People in Oregon don't tan, they rust. It rains so much there the green on my legs is mold. So I don't care for it hot anymore. And she expected me to do outside chores. Seriously. In that heat? Crap. So at first she put the food out for me, I'd fix it then go feed. I operated a small special needs turtle and tortoise rescue. Small I said. So as I'm going around feeding, I'm playing with tortoises, picking up box turtles, oh man. The box turtles. Eastern, Florida, 3-toed, Gulf Coast. Each sub-species in their own pen. The Easterns knocked me out. I brought all kinds of crap with me, but why oh why did I not bring my battery charger. I got photos of Dudley. I am a Sulcata person. I love Sulcata. The last time I saw Dudley he was probably 100+ lbs, he was the only pictures I got, and that was on the first day. The camera does not show how freakin big he is now.
Continued on Road Trip...

Oh Maggie...you are a hoot!

Listening to the two of you complain about each other is some of the most entertaining time I have. How I wish I could be a fly on your wall!

I didn't advertise that I had a tortoise in my back yard. I was concerned that some nogood would jump the fence and take him. For now, Sulafat lives indoors and is only outside for a couple hours, but I keep a real close eye on the enclosure.

You can buy a charger and cable for about $10. at Walmart. You'll be sorry if you don't get the pics that you want.

And I still say "bless Maggie". Sometimes people come to help, but never do anything. You've made, and continue to make, sacrifices to stay there and do all you do to help, and in the heat as well! I know how appreciative Yvonne is...been there, done that.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh Maggie...you are a hoot!

Listening to the two of you complain about each other is some of the most entertaining time I have. How I wish I could be a fly on your wall!

I didn't advertise that I had a tortoise in my back yard. I was concerned that some nogood would jump the fence and take him. For now, Sulafat lives indoors and is only outside for a couple hours, but I keep a real close eye on the enclosure.

You can buy a charger and cable for about $10. at Walmart. You'll be sorry if you don't get the pics that you want.

And I still say "bless Maggie". Sometimes people come to help, but never do anything. You've made, and continue to make, sacrifices to stay there and do all you do to help, and in the heat as well! I know how appreciative Yvonne is...been there, done that.
But...IF I had a brain, I could have bought new batteries when I went into town to get her 'scripts. But I never remembered in town. So I have great pictures and memories in my damaged brain, that will fade quickly.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, here we are. It's almost exactly three years since Chase entrusted Chasen to me, and I still haven't heard a peep from him. Chasen had been living in my leopard shed with Leonard and Zipper, both males, and it looked at that time like Chasen was male too. Since I already had two breeding males, I decided to send Leonard and Zipper home with William for him to take them to the next show he vended at to sell. So Chasen has been living in the shed by himself. But today I took pictures with a couple of the 'runts' that are living in the leopard yard with the big kids, and Chasen is their size. The runts have gotten along just fine out in the big yard, so when the weather warms up, Chasen will be moving out of his little section of the shed and in with the big kids. At the moment it looks like Chasen may be female, in which case I'll keep him. But if it turns out he's male, I'll have to have your help deciding what to do with him. Man o man how I wish I would hear from Chase!!!

Chasen's little section in the leopard shed:

Chasen 2-11-22 a.jpg

Chasen sitting on his empty water dish (that's now too small for him, but provides a great place to poop and not get it on you):

Chasen 2-11-22 b.jpg

Chasen upside down. Whadda' ya think? Female?

Chasen 2-11-22 c.jpg

Chasen next to my size 8 shoe for size:

Chasen 2-11-22 d.jpg

Chasen next to Red the Rapist, a stunted rescue taken in several years ago (full grown):

Chasen 2-11-22 e.jpg

Chasen next to another rescue, full grown egg layer, but terribly deformed: Chasen 2-11-22 f.jpg

Chasen next to one of my full grown females:

Chasen 2-11-22 g.jpg

So that's my update on Chasen, or Jengo, or whatever it's supposed to be. I can never remember. And this whole time, he just sat there all pulled into his shell, like a pretty rock! @Chasen - If you're out there and reading this, PLEASE!!! contact me.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So, here we are. It's almost exactly three years since Chase entrusted Chasen to me, and I still haven't heard a peep from him. Chasen had been living in my leopard shed with Leonard and Zipper, both males, and it looked at that time like Chasen was male too. Since I already had two breeding males, I decided to send Leonard and Zipper home with William for him to take them to the next show he vended at to sell. So Chasen has been living in the shed by himself. But today I took pictures with a couple of the 'runts' that are living in the leopard yard with the big kids, and Chasen is their size. The runts have gotten along just fine out in the big yard, so when the weather warms up, Chasen will be moving out of his little section of the shed and in with the big kids. At the moment it looks like Chasen may be female, in which case I'll keep him. But if it turns out he's male, I'll have to have your help deciding what to do with him. Man o man how I wish I would hear from Chase!!!

View attachment 340404

Chasen sitting on his empty water dish (that's now too small for him, but provides a great place to poop and not get it on you):

View attachment 340411

View attachment 340405

View attachment 340406

Chasen next to Red the Rapist, a stunted rescue taken in several years ago (full grown):

View attachment 340407

Chasen next to another rescue, full grown egg layer, but terribly deformed: View attachment 340408

View attachment 340409

So that's my update on Chasen, or Jengo, or whatever it's supposed to be. I can never remember. And this whole time, he just sat there all pulled into his shell, like a pretty rock! @Chasen - If you're out there and reading this, PLEASE!!! contact me.

Wow….I remember this entire saga. Time for a contest…Help find Chasen.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 340404

View attachment 340411

View attachment 340405

View attachment 340406

View attachment 340407

Chasen next to another rescue, full grown egg layer, but terribly deformed: View attachment 340408

View attachment 340409

I remember that and can't believe it's 3 years ago!
Hopefully Chase is OK, strange he hasn't been on touch.