Update on Turt

Calummaparsonii27

Location (City and/or State)
Spanaway
It is with a heavy heart that I announce Turt's death. I accept full responsibility for his death as it was my fault.

To start, I suffer from severe depression and my animals are what help me get through the days. I went off my two main anti-depressants after unwelcome side-effects became known. In this time my depression spiked to the highest levels of my life, and due to this I became neglectful of my animals. Turt unfortunately was going through a rough time as I wasn't keeping up with the diet I should have for him. He eventually slipped through my hands and passed away. This was a few months ago. I just now got the courage to post this, as it is extremely embarrassing and I honestly hate myself for it. But I felt it would have been distasteful to his name if I hadn't of posted this update as I owe much to the members of this site in regards to information and helping me get Turt situated properly. It was a too-little-too-late situation, and I recognize that it was due to my neglect that he passed.

Turt will not be forgotten, and I once again thank those who helped me on this site in the past. I just thought I should update those who were wondering. This was very hard for me to write, but I hope it isn't too much of a mess.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a shame. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully you and you doctor have found meds that work better and there's a brighter future in store for you.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Just saw this post. My condolences to you. I feel your pain. The reason I got Opo was to help me thru my struggles after my accident.