Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Yvonne G said:
Now THAT might be a good night time snack that won't break my diet. I've been real good for the past couple months trying to lose about 10lbs. I'm only eating lunch...a nice cooked meal. No snacks. Then at night I'll have a cup of hot chocolate. That's all. I've been chewing gum like crazy whenever I get a craving for something sweet. I think an apple dipped into some caramel sauce might be better than the hot chocolate.

Apple slices in honey are the best and are all natural. ;) or strawberries and nutella are also good.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
STILL not really able to talk more than a rasp. Grrrrrrr.

I don't have paid vaca or sick days, so no worky = no paycheck. I have zero leftover after bills and groceries, so no wiggle room for missing work. I hate living this way. I also groom and show dogs for extra money, which, lately, goes to help pay down the huge credit card debt I have trying to survive. Two more years and I am cc and car loan free!!!!! Then on to student loan. Oi vay!!

Ken, do you suspect a huge line for the expo? Any way to sneak in?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sandy,
I stand in no line…I am
Cowboy Ken! The line is usually long, but if you're going into the lounge, you could likely avoid it by going in the front desk door. And I've got the home ok'd for the cooter but she won't be at the show and I in no way want it in my rig. I shall pass your contact info to her and maybe you could drop it off at her Canby clinic? Do you live anywhere near there? Again, the cooter is by no means traveling in my truck.

Did that help anything other than my narcissism?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I tried. Met an old lady.. Most of the people either ignored me or did not want to engage in conversation.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well that's a drag. I meet people easy. I would be a good profiler. I've used this to succeed in occupations where many fail. I blame it on being the youngest of 6 and needing to know how to negotiate my way out, while not needing a fin on my back. Making allies not friends. Does that make any real sense?

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
An hour?? Ugh. Well, def going straight to lounge. I will be racing from dog show to get there by 12:30.

Canby is about 90 min from me. You must 'splain way no cooter in rig. She's a sweetie! I'm way curious now. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay Yvonne, your influencing me to try to be a better person health wise, so this am after the two morning dog walks and before I came to the library to get online, I walked around this city's park ponds. Just under a mile for the trip around. Now I feel so energized, I could go eat a pizza hut or Oriental buffet..... :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Morning all. It's been an exciting morning here abouts. I'm sure you'all have seen on the the news the fire burning in Southern California, well my bestest niece and her husband have been evacuated do to the fire being so close. It is marching down the hill that is only 2 houses and one street away from theirs. It's all mayhem down there. ImageUploadedByTortForum1389895558.020686.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
Your doing so much better then me, I only think about watching what I eat. Well I do watch it as it goes into my hand and then my mouth. :rolleyes: :D
So how are you coming with your 10 lbs?

Who knew that all my evening snacking could pack on the pounds*. The only thing I've cut out is the snacks, and I've substituted the evening snack with a cup of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. I've lost 7lbs. Three more to go and I'm back to my normal weight.

*Well, the snacks plus I've been extra lazy lately.

Jacqui said:
Okay Yvonne, your influencing me to try to be a better person health wise, so this am after the two morning dog walks and before I came to the library to get online, I walked around this city's park ponds. Just under a mile for the trip around. Now I feel so energized, I could go eat a pizza hut or Oriental buffet..... :D

That's exactly how I feel after my walk around the pasture. That's why I started with the hot chocolate. It's sweet and satisfies my hunger for sweet, but it's also good for you (google it).

My 10 times around the pasture every evening, at a very brisk pace, is a little over 3,000 feet, so I figure about 3/4's of a mile. That should be enough exercise for this old body, dontcha think?

Keep doing it every day, Jacqui. The hardest part is telling yourself you really don't need to eat...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was good during the summer when I lived out in the yard, but with winter and being online or reading so much, my hands and mouth just think they need to be shoveling food in. I don't think I have gained any weight since summer, but I know I am eating my sweets and yummies in much greater amounts, so my blood sugar is out of control and I don't want to go back to taking pills. Not saying I don't also need to loose a ton of weight, but it's the blood sugar that worries me more.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How about chewing gum? I've been chomping on the Orbit and ... the name of the other one escapes me, but it says on the pack it's good for your teeth. I buy the flavors that come in the orange colored package. They're very sweet, but don't contain sugar, and it really does satisfy my craving to eat something.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My teeth are really poor, so I have grown cautious about chewing gum (or anything that tends to be sticky like real carmels). I may have to worry less about my teeth and more about keeping my mouth busy though, huh?

... hmmm that didn't quite come out sounding like I meant it too.....

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The mandatory evacuation has been lifted now. The hill there be hide the house is now covered in ash trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.