pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi makes multiple, good points. I concur. Today, we've got 60's and sun. Torts are out grazing, and I have to go to town 30 miles away. So it goes. I just want to watch torts eat! (Stomping my feet a little)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
I saw this huge flock of snow geese in an old cornfield on my way back from town. I like seeing things like that.

I miss the geese. Can you send some my way. I saw a bunch in southern Ohio and realized how much I miss them in the winter.

This afternoon they have flown off and in their place was a large flock of turkeys.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
I saw this huge flock of snow geese in an old cornfield on my way back from town. I like seeing things like that.

I miss the geese. Can you send some my way. I saw a bunch in southern Ohio and realized how much I miss them in the winter.

This afternoon they have flown off and in their place was a large flock of turkeys.

Now that sounds like somthing we see here in the South! I've seen lots of fields in Kentucky and Tennesse full of Turkeys. (and ducks but they are not Geese!)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Zamric said:
Now that sounds like somthing we see here in the South! I've seen lots of fields in Kentucky and Tennesse full of Turkeys. (and ducks but they are not Geese!)

We don't get a lot of ducks. The turkeys have really exploded in numbers the last five years or so.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have quite a few ponding basins for rain overflow. There are lots and lots of flocks of Canada geese in them during the winter. I love seeing them.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I've seen quite a few Canadian Geese when I lived as far North as Louisville KY. but rarely as far South as Nashville TN. and never here in Dallas

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Zamric said:
I've seen quite a few Canadian Geese when I lived as far North as Louisville KY. but rarely as far South as Nashville TN. and never here in Dallas

I hadn't thought about it, but the places I recall from trucking where geese were in large numbers were not in the states you mention

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, Louisville is on the Kentucky/Indiana boarder, so it's kinda North as far as Kentucky goes. I've never seen fields full of them...just ponds and fly-bys

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Twice a year we get fields full of all kinds of geese with a few ducks and cranes thrown into the mix. I just got back infrom running out to my truck and the sky was filled with a couple of large flocks.

My dog (the lab mix) was so funny just now. Earlier today I filled a sheep water tub with substrate that I had brought in from outside. I needed it to make a place for some RES to lay their eggs. I didn't really have a good spot for it, so it's kinda in the walkway with the kitchen on the far side. Mister, the lab, had no troubles going over/around it to get to the kitchen, but then stood their crying not being able to figure out how to get back. :D The cats are loving laying on top of the screen that covers it, because I just happen to place it where the heat hits it. So you look at it and it's like a solid cover of felines. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I think I might be posting during a lag. I just got home and found out after two days of negotiations we got the house!!!!
I always wanted to own two houses just not in the same town, haha!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
We have geese here too. I was in a neighborhood recently where a man keep feeding the geese and they basically made home in his backyard. Now, i hear that he has a rooster, and the neighborhood is up in arms pub it because the rooster wakes up the whole neighborhood at 5 a.m. every morning Haha. I don't know much about geese, but i do enjoy seeing them on lakes and ponds here.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
I think I might be posting during a lag. I just got home and found out after two days of negotiations we got the house!!!!
I always wanted to own two houses just not in the same town, haha!!!

Congrats!!​

sibi said:
We have geese here too. I was in a neighborhood recently where a man keep fee ding the geese and they basically made home in his backyard. Now, i hear that he has a rooster, and the neighborhood is up in arms pub it because the rooster wakes up the whole neighborhood at 5 a.m. every morning Haha. I don't know much about geese, but i do enjoy seeing them on lakes and ponds here.

I'd take the rooster crowing over all the mess geese make. :D

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Where I lived in Montana (NE corner) it was a big flyway. We'd see lots of geese and ducks, and cranes. I loved when the cranes came over.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Congrats Erin!!!!! I'm so happy for you. You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Sorry that Sid and the others are gone, but it isn't permanent, right? We want pics, and lots of them, inside and out.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Twice a year we get fields full of all kinds of geese with a few ducks and cranes thrown into the mix. I just got back infrom running out to my truck and the sky was filled with a couple of large flocks.

My dog (the lab mix) was so funny just now. Earlier today I filled a sheep water tub with substrate that I had brought in from outside. I needed it to make a place for some RES to lay their eggs. I didn't really have a good spot for it, so it's kinda in the walkway with the kitchen on the far side. Mister, the lab, had no troubles going over/around it to get to the kitchen, but then stood their crying not being able to figure out how to get back. :D The cats are loving laying on top of the screen that covers it, because I just happen to place it where the heat hits it. So you look at it and it's like a solid cover of felines. :D
You should taken pic's of this! Sounds really cute:)

sibi said:
Congrats Erin!!!!! I'm so happy for you. You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Sorry that Sid and the others are gone, but it isn't permanent, right? We want pics, and lots of them, inside and out.

Thanks & no it isn't permanent. We close in 60 days. It will be warm then so we will set up their outside enclosures and they get to go right outside on their new propery:).

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
Where I lived in Montana (NE corner) it was a big flyway. We'd see lots of geese and ducks, and cranes. I loved when the cranes came over.

I agree, I love the cranes. I saw my first Whoppers in FL, even though I look during their migrations through Nebraska.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks & no it isn't permanent. We close in 60 days. It will be warm then so we will set up their outside enclosures and they get to go right outside on their new propery:).

Is it tomorrow the realtor comes to appraise your current home?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Edna said:

I agree, I love the cranes. I saw my first Whoppers in FL, even though I look during their migrations through Nebraska.

CtTortoiseMom said:

Is it tomorrow the realtor comes to appraise your current home?

It was supposed to be today but we are delaying it because we are having the living room painted and a new railing put on the front steps this weekend.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Congratulations on them excepting your offer! Now get this house you're in now sold so life can begin again in a normal fashion.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Zamric said:

right because thats a long flight back to Canada ;)

Jacqui said:

Yay I am so happy :)

CtTortoiseMom said:
It was supposed to be today but we are delaying it because we are having the living room painted and a new railing put on the front steps this weekend.

by time you are ready to move your place will be so spiffed up you wont want to go. ;)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
CtTortoiseMom said:

That makes me so happy for you. I can't wait to see your babies come back home to you. Btw, did you get to read my post about Continuing Pretend Chat on another thread so that we won't have to go through the lags?

Status
Not open for further replies.