pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
You are not alone right now, but i have to go because I have a date with David Boreanaz, meaning I am going to watch Bones and drool over him while folding laundry. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I saw this huge flock of snow geese in an old cornfield on my way back from town. I like seeing things like that.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
I saw this huge flock of snow geese in an old cornfield on my way back from town. I like seeing things like that.
Sounds beautiful!

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Sequestration day. Oh yea, NOT!

On another note, CherryBomb spent the night under a broom. I fell asleep in the arm chair and he went wandering. The dog had to spend the night shut in our room so there would be no unhappy surprises. I had quite the fitful night, finally found him at 4:30 this morning. Don't know how the heck he got upstairs. He was happy to get back home and snuggle in his warm hiddie.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Good morning to you any everybody in cyberspace! I was suppose to be somewhere at 7 a.m., but my house alarm (my dog) let me sleep in and i woke up too late. So, as every morning, i got on here and checked out some posts until someone would be on chat.. So, how's things Kerryann? Oops, Kerryann was on at the wee hours. I guess no one has checked in yet. Where is Cowboy? He's usually up early. Oh, I forgot, that would be around 9:30 a.m. my time for him. Oh well, I'll just have to wait. I think I need my COFFEE!! :p

I checked in this morning after my shower. I usually lollygag and check my email after my shower :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just stayed up too late watching letterman. Karen didn't wake up grumpy this morning, she let me sleep in.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:

I miss the geese. Can you send some my way. I saw a bunch in southern Ohio and realized how much I miss them in the winter.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am packed picked up my cake and ready to go when Mikey gets home. I have a work disaster brewing but I should have 4g the whole trip so I can manage it remotely.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I love bones!!! Bones, Big Bang theory, and Sherlock are he only reason my tv gets turned on!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hello, all. Very tired here. Spent the afternoon with a very ill baby. Now I'm home, the office is a mess and I'm going out to a hen party tomorrow that means I need to be ready to leave the house at 8am and might not get back until 3am on Sunday.

In other news, I'm getting a bit tired of reading people arguing with the mods on this forum, at the moment. Seems like a few people trying to start arguments for no reason, and it's making threads less enjoyable to read. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Think about the reasoning for continuing the original thread. If a second thread were to be created, that would not mean that the thread's conversation had ended. The reasoning for the second thread is so that the original thread can continue without technical difficulties. As it stands now, there are technical difficulties that threaten the original thread because if the goal is to achieve xxxthousand posts, just think of what technical difficulties there will be then. I mean, the thread may not even be able to handle such a size of posts under the current setup, thus forcing a second thread anyway. The integrity of the original thread is not compromised if the conversations continue from where it left off...pretty much the way it is now where we continue conversing the following morning. So, my question is, if we do close out the original thread, and the thread continues in a second thread, how does that not allow the goal to be achieved? It's not like the conversations ended, right?

Please keep in mind that this is merely a discussion. I'd like to read sound reasoning if you are opposed to this idea.

theelectraco said:
Would ending this pretend chat and starting a pretend chat 2 on a new thread stop the lags. I know other posts lag too but maybe this one is just lagging from hundreds of pages it has to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.