pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Random chat. random things. i guess im bored again... oh yeah, I remembered what i was going to do.
i think emysemys really wants a chat room. because in the possibly related threads thing just under here there is a thread called chat by emysemys.:p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TurtleTortoise said:
Random chat. random things. i guess im bored again... oh yeah, I remembered what i was going to do.
i think emysemys really wants a chat room. because in the possibly related threads thing just under here there is a thread called chat by emysemys.:p

You know, we did have a chat once, but nobody used it. You know if your really THAT bored, you could come here and I could sure put you to work. :cool:

coreyc said:
Hey does any one here like tortoises ??

:D You know, I bet if you really looked hard enough, you might find one or two in here who does. :D

If money, space and all that was no object, what kind would you have and why?

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Yvonne, when you get back, we want to see some pics of the DT!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hello. I've decided to join the chat. At least until Dr. Who starts in half an hour.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cherylim said:
Hello. I've decided to join the chat. At least until Dr. Who starts in half an hour.

Dummy here... what is Dr Who?

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
cherylim said:

That seems to be quite a popular show.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay. I don't own a TV, so I am not up on current shows.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:

I very rarely seem to own a TV. :p

I'm lucky at the moment though - my three favourite shows are all on at once for a while. I'm claiming my rightful TV time!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cherylim said:
Jacqui said:

I very rarely seem to own a TV. :p

I'm lucky at the moment though - my three favourite shows are all on at once for a while. I'm claiming my rightful TV time!

Ahhh family TV?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hello

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
how's the weather in Massachusetts?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
8-24-11deserttortoiserescue-1.jpg

8-24-11deserttortoiserescue-2.jpg

The lady who gave up this tortoise tells the story...She and her husband were driving back to Fresno from Nevada in '78 and saw this little tortoise barely missed by a truck on the hwy. The tortoise was about the size of her husband's palm, so I figure about 5 or 6 years old. That makes him appx. 40 years old. He's VERY heavy. I estimate heavier than a 10lb sack of sugar...maybe about 15lbs. Nice tortoise, but pretty spoiled. She fed him every day from the produce section of the store. There was grass in his yard, but I'll bet he never grazed much. His beak is very slightly overgrown.

Hi David! Are you still here?

And Jacqui: NO TV????? I would die. I have some TV shows that I'm really addicted to and won't even answer the phone if it rings during one of MY shows.

And Cheryl: I've watched a couple episodes of Dr. Who, but I couldn't get into it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Bad bad Yvonne!!!!! There is a reason you hardly ever see me post in the DT section. I say away from pictures of them, because all it does is make me remember Elmer and then the wants start in real bad. No matter how good I am, Santa never ever brings me one either... of course he never brought me a horse either... :(

When we first moved in here about 20 years ago, we could get one channel and then only when the wind was blowing right and I would have one of the kids hanging over the edge of the roof holding the metal channeling device. Ya should have seen how they use to light up, when there were lightening storms in the area! :D :p I doubt we have gotten anything on a TV for 15 years. I do buy some of the box sets to watch and would sneak in some in truck stop TV rooms.

dbsneed69 said:
Wow. That's a nice looking tort!!

I agree! What area of TN do you live?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, if you lived in California, you surely could have him! My adoption book is pretty sparse under the desert tortoise section.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Jacqui said:
Bad bad Yvonne!!!!! There is a reason you hardly ever see me post in the DT section. I say away from pictures of them, because all it does is make me remember Elmer and then the wants start in real bad. No matter how good I am, Santa never ever brings me one either... of course he never brought me a horse either... :(

When we first moved in here about 20 years ago, we could get one channel and then only when the wind was blowing right and I would have one of the kids hanging over the edge of the roof holding the metal channeling device. Ya should have seen how they use to light up, when there were lightening storms in the area! :D :p I doubt we have gotten anything on a TV for 15 years. I do buy some of the box sets to watch and would sneak in some in truck stop TV rooms.

dbsneed69 said:
Wow. That's a nice looking tort!!

I agree! What area of TN do you live?

I'm just outside of Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.