Pricing for emys phayrei

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.X.L

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I'm helping a friend price his baby tortoises. He has a couple clutches of phayrei hatchlings he wants to unload quickly since they take up so much room and grow so quickly. I told him i've seen them as high as 450 for vic morgan's animals, but I said if he priced them at 200 to 250 he'd sell em quick. I know that's more the going rate for emys emys, but I feel like people aren't willing to pay more for phayrei since they look and act almost identical.

Is there much of a market for these tortoises or are they somewhat of a niche species in the sense that they get big, aren't colorful and aren't well known. could he actually get 300+ per tortoise?

I think he's going to sell them at an upcoming reptile show, but i'll get him to post them in the classifieds here if i can.

thanks,

JXL

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
I know they where going for around $300-$350 a cpl yrs. back...Toss them on KS and see what kind of interest they get.If he wants them gone quick, maybe throw together wholesale groups.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Vic sells this year's hatchlings for $300.

Steven Busch

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pacific N/W
Vic Morgans current KS ad....DIRECT FROM BREEDER Brown Mt.Tort.babies $200ea. Two no shipping cost.

Someone else has blacks for $175 ea, 2 for $150 ea plus shipping

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I watch the markets very close, times are tough. You could get a better deal than normal these days. I was really taken back at our annual herp club christmas party last weekend and the auction price results. Way low prices for the animals.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
For healthy hatchlings they'd normally sell for around the $350 range, or $300 if they have something like an extra scute or a split scute. The brown mountain torts are cheaper and go for around $250 for a healthy animal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi J.X.L.:

I just saw your ad in the "for sale" section and realized we have never sent you a...

Welcome to the forum!!!

(we're not supposed to chit chat in the "for sale" threads :p )

May we know your name and where you are?

Was your friend able to sell his Manouria?

Status
Not open for further replies.