Prolapsed Penis

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
I am well familiar with stones. Yes, I have already palpated AB but I felt nothing. This is a stone that came out of my 100+ lb Sulcata. He was dead after the Vet stopped messing with him, thanks for the advice tho
View attachment 297640
I am so sorry that you lost your sully. I hope you have a better outcome this time. I wish we all could help.

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Oh this just sucks. Sorry to hear it Maggie. This has got to be the most frustrating part of keeping lots of tortoises - just how hard it is to tell something is wrong until it’s too late.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Maggie, I’m wishing the best for you and the tortoise and I hope the situation doesn’t linger either way for y’all!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh this just sucks. Sorry to hear it Maggie. This has got to be the most frustrating part of keeping lots of tortoises - just how hard it is to tell something is wrong until it’s too late.

My sister ran a turtle and tortoise rescue for years, 20-25 or so. I got medically retired from my job and sorta fell into running a small special needs turtle and tortoise rescue myself because of her. I rescued, rehabbed, and found homes for, blind, lame, missing limbs, personality defect etc. Now I just have a few that are pets, and all my chelonia are deformed. I've had to become hard hearted because I would only get the animal when they were already too late to save them.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have a small tort, 4 lbs. he spends his days outside and his nights in the house. So I hold him at least twice a day, and while carrying him I rub and talk to him, point being I see all of him daily. So I bring him in, he's fine. Later I go in to turn off his basking light, his whole penis is out, camera batteries dead, he is urinating clear fluid.. This morning, his penis is mostly in, there's a golf ball sized thing hanging out his cloaca. Oh crap, so I soak him, and after abt 20 minutes I try to gentle push it back in. Just now it went in, but the tort is not acting like himself at all. He's in his shell w/closed eyes. Oh my, I think he's dying
#terryo
hey...hi!!! How are ya? I'm so glad to see your name...I'm alright...you? Your husband?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ur such a sweet talker :<3:
Damn you are quick, and so wonderfully funny. AB is still alive, so I put him outside because for some weird reason the sun is beautifully shining. I have noticed that if I move him he puts his front legs out and together, and moans, like he's in pain. I'm thinkin that I have a whole vial of Baytril and if I knew what dosage to use, I might start him on that...Vets?

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I’m so sorry for what you’re going through right now. I hope there will be a resolution to this quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Damn you are quick, and so wonderfully funny. AB is still alive, so I put him outside because for some weird reason the sun is beautifully shining. I have noticed that if I move him he puts his front legs out and together, and moans, like he's in pain. I'm thinkin that I have a whole vial of Baytril and if I knew what dosage to use, I might start him on that...Vets?
So sad.. when mine goes back in i usually just need a sandwich and a nap

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
He is cheap with hugs for sure the jerk

OK...ya'll know I'm no tortoise expert. I f'ing hate to admit this, but the tortoise is still alive. He has no reaction when I pull on a leg, no reaction when I touched his closed eye...but he walked to a corner. I don't quite know what to do. I believe in my heart that he is close to death. Should I euthanize him? Should I do something to try and save him?
All rhetorical questions
Holy crap!!! That’s so great!
I am glad you admitted that!
who cares if you were ..... mistaken?
He’s alive!!
Yes you should try to save him... that big punk head jerk. (For lying about his death ).
He is family!!!!! 15-20 years? That’s family!!
At least hold him and rub him some more.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I am well familiar with stones. Yes, I have already palpated AB but I felt nothing. This is a stone that came out of my 100+ lb Sulcata. He was dead after the Vet stopped messing with him, thanks for the advice tho
View attachment 297640

gheeze leweeeeez!!! Ouch! Now my butt hurts! Poor thing . I am so sorry for your loss. That in every way sucks. I pray for your little one now.