Proper Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked countless times. I bet there's a sticky thread somewhere on it, too. Just have either been too lazy or impatient to locate it (my apologies!).

I want to hear everyone's thoughts on the proper diet of a baby sulcata.

Right now, I'm feeding Kobe grated/shredded veggies which includes: bok choy, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, as well as one fruit (usually apples or pears). That's probably the majority of his diet, since he has yet to really start munching on hay.

I do have a shallow dish of ground-up orchard hay and ZooMed grassland tortoise pellets that I pretty much leave in there 24/7. I do see him nibble on that on occasion, and given that I work 40 hrs a week during the day, I imagine he's nibbling on it some when I'm not around as well.

He's had kale before, but he started refusing it, so thats when I switched to bok choy as the main green leafy. I recently saw on another forum that someone said bok choy was not suggested. Is this true?

Any feedback and advice is appreciated. Thanks!

....and now I feel like a dum-dum as I just saw the sticky thread that Crazy1 posted!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Not a Sulcata owner, but I can tell you that there are no dumb questions (ok, well...)
It can be daunting working your way around the site, but there is a lot of good information.

Status
Not open for further replies.