Puffy neck bubble skin please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
Ok, I'm posting this for a friend. I have pictures of her baby Greek tortoise, and would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why the skin around his neck looks like it does? She has it set up correctly, temps, lighting, humid hide etc. She soaks him every other day. The skin appears to be filled with fluid but it actually isn't after you look at it closer. He hasn't always been this way. Just for the past several months. He acts completely normal and eats very well. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Attachments

• image-2984756756.png
    image-2984756756.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • image-1973827953.png
    image-1973827953.png
    756.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-499596269.png
    image-499596269.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 104

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
Can you get to a vet?? This little one really needs to see a vet.

bigbeaks said:
Ok, I'm posting this for a friend. I have pictures of her baby Greek tortoise, and would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why the skin around his neck looks like it does? She has it set up correctly, temps, lighting, humid hide etc. She soaks him every other day. The skin appears to be filled with fluid but it actually isn't after you look at it closer. He hasn't always been this way. Just for the past several months. He acts completely normal and eats very well. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

I found this too: http://www.neoterrapin.com/disease/

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I believe your friend needs to get this little baby to the vet as well....that little one may have some type of infection going on in their throat...maybe something is lodged and irritating the throat....I would not take the "wait and see what happens" deal here....just my opinion.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks to me like fluid retention. It might be pretty serious.

Katherine

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Looks to me like fluid retention. It might be pretty serious.

+1

Edema is usually indicative of something worse and I would try to get this little one to the vet as soon as it is feasible to do so. Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.