PUMPKINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
Its that time of the year where pumpkins are every where. I have never tried feeding pumkin to my tort but I did today. I fed them the guts from inside, no seeds. How much of this is actually good for them. I know I heard that some canned pumpkin is like a natural wormer, same goes for raw? They wouldn't touch the canned. I have the leo and a baby sully. The baby loved it, but he's a squash lover. The leo would only sniff and taste. Any who, any insight would be lovely

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hey there Jessica ! Yep, the raw is great too, same as for butternut squash :D Its great vitamins and de-wormer for your torts :) Tallula hates the canned version too, even tried the organic babyfood which she wnt touch, so only the real thing she eats, of course ! Cos its so expensive here ! She sure has expensive taste :p

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Well I can always send you some pumpkins. Bought ours at 29 cents a pound. If you look at the pic I submitted for the contest, we bought small ones for easy carving. Or I can always send you the guts. Suppose that would be cheaper. Let me know. Was gonna pick up another 5-10 pumpkins for family. Parents getting old and same with boyfriends parents. We carve them for them so I could always save the guts. I will anyways but let me know if you want any.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Thanks so much !! I really wish it were easy to send me things here, but they are so so strict what comes through customs etc here. But don't worry, Tallula is worth every single cent I spend on her, I don't really ind, and it lasts a while as I freeze it ;) I just wish Dubai was so cool like most other places, so I could run down to the field and pick dnadelions and weeds for Tallula, as well as pumpkins and things hehe

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Well if you get around to asking about pumpkin gut sending and they accept it, I would be more then happy to send you some. They are so cheap around here that its really no big deal. It's like picking grass, its every where.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
The best part of the pumpkin is the body and rind, not the guts. cut it up small for your torts. or get the really small mini pumpkins.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Have you guys ever tried Kabocha pumpkin? it's a Japanese kind. I love eating it myself but my DT likes it, too. She prefers it microwaved over raw. In Dubai, I'm sure there are some Japanese supermarket or Restaurants. You might be able to get some, Stace.

Status
Not open for further replies.