Pure Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Has anyone out there ever tried feeding their Sulcatas just Mazuri Tortoise Diet and nothing else?If yes,what were the results?
Thanks.

John

5 Year Member
I feed my leopards mazuri twice a week straight and all other mornings mixed with weeds and grass seems to work fine for me.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I believe strongly in the varied diet is best for them. However, I did read a recent thread that showed us pictures of their torts and the difference they believed the mazuri played the role in growth and how nice they have changed. Someone mentioned trying it to see the effects of using that solely as a food source.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm in the process of transitioning diets to Mazuri 'only'...and when I say 'only' I refer to it as their only processed diet! Of course, they can graze whenever they want...and they're offered cactus every couple of days. But I do offer a handful of Mazuri (moistened) to the youngsters daily...and as part of Tortoise Lasagne for Aladar every other day (on subsequent days, I offer straight, dry Mazuri to Aladar in his favorite grazing areas.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think I would just use Mazuri as the sole diet, I think of it as I wouldn't want to eat the same thing every single day so why should my torts. I have been doing the tortoise Lasagna for Vegas everyday and just been changing the ingredients so it not always the same and he seems to love it because he always comes running when he see me with the tupperware bowl, lol...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
My baby sulcata eats it!
Let muzuri soften in water so it breaks down
I mix it in his spring mix about four times a week!
The other days i feed cactus, grasses and spring mix
With cuttlebone for calcium :)

If you want him to start getting the taste
Of it, mix it in romaine lettuce or spring mix
So if you do feed it, he will have the taste for it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I might be mistaken, but I THINK that -EJ (Ed) uses Mazuri Tortoise Diet as the staple in his tortoises diets. You can go back through some of the old Mazuri threads and read what he has to say.

samstar

5 Year Member
I feed my torts Mazuri only and once in a while spring mix, hubiscus but 90% of the rime Mazuri only and they love it.

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
I wouldnt do it.Just because something is growing big looks great does not mean everything is good!!I had an iguana that would every day get down off his table when we went to work and eat all of the cat and dog food..He was huge!!Looked great no problems until one day 5 years later stopped eating very lethargic etc...Now mind you that was not his only diet he also ate fruits veggies vitamins etc..same diet i had the rest of them on (11 or so others).Took him in and vet said not good he grew way too fast and nothing else grew properly!!Well after a month of force feeding with plastic syringe and twice daily under the scale suppliment (forgot what it was 10 years ago would have to look through files to find)injections my rascal parrished MY FAULT!!!And i wont do it again..I mix 3 things on a 3 day rotation-Vitamins Day one/calcium day two/mazuri on the third!!Im new ta torts but not reps in general or pets for that matter and i pride myself on giving them the best possible care no matter cost!!Sorry about punctuation/spelling i would mutch rather talk on phone in person(If its something im interested in lol)!!Take it how ya want its just MY opinion!!!!:rolleyes:

samstar

5 Year Member
Some zoos in Asia have been feeding Mazuri only to their torts for over 10 years already with excellent results.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Samstar: Do you know why some zoos in Asia feed solely mazuri....just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.