Pyramiding?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If by "normal" you mean that is how the majority of them look, then yes. If you mean is it supposed to be pyramided, then no, it is not.

Those tortoises are being raised in the wrong conditions with the wrong substrate, and it appears not enough hydration. And I hope there are more than two and they aren't living as a pair.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
If by "normal" you mean that is how the majority of them look, then yes. If you mean is it supposed to be pyramided, then no, it is not.

Those tortoises are being raised in the wrong conditions with the wrong substrate, and it appears not enough hydration. And I hope there are more than two and they aren't living as a pair.

I did think the environment was too dry. In the UK all pet shop/ reptile shops seem to keep in very dry conditions. I agree I don’t think it’s right. There were quite a few in this tank. The tank next door there were 2 Russians.

The problem with their vivariums In the shops are they are all stacked on top of each other, the is zero air circulation, and quite often there is not a cool side, the entire tank is like 90 degrees.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I did think the environment was too dry. In the UK all pet shop/ reptile shops seem to keep in very dry conditions. I agree I don’t think it’s right. There were quite a few in this tank. The tank next door there were 2 Russians.

The problem with their vivariums In the shops are they are all stacked on top of each other, the is zero air circulation, and quite often there is not a cool side, the entire tank is like 90 degrees.
I'm glad that you recognize all these problems. Not every pet owner does.