question about locating enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
I am starting to think about a newer, larger enclosure (of course). Eventually. For Russians. I am going to incorporate in a heated/coldframe or greenhouse area.
My garden is fairly established, so I do have to work around some existing structure.
One option gets nice full morning sun but becomes dappled/shady by 3-4pm. This is consistent fall and spring. Torts tend to be in hides by at least this time, anyway.
The other location does not get full sun until about 9-10am, but then lasts until the sun goes down. It can bake more in the late afternoon sun when we have it. I would worry about a greenhouse getting far too hot, at least in summer.
Thoughts?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In the PNW, I'd go with the sunnier location. You can always add shade.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am sorry but I am confused (happens time to time)LOL. Am I understanding that either spot you described are both located in a greenhouse? What are the measurements for the greenhouse? Is the greenhouse plexi glass or solid liquid glass? What type of ventilation does the greenhouse have???

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree with Tom, those of us in the PNW need all the sun we can get...

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
ascott said:
I am sorry but I am confused (happens time to time)LOL. Am I understanding that either spot you described are both located in a greenhouse? What are the measurements for the greenhouse? Is the greenhouse plexi glass or solid liquid glass? What type of ventilation does the greenhouse have???
(Me too!). The question is regarding an outside enclosed area, the greenhouse or cold frame would simply be attached as part of it. The main area would be open. (I was just worried about the gh overheating).

Tom and Maggie, I tend to agree with you. I am not sure I have seen consistent sun yet! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.