Questions about CITES

pingu_slayer

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello all! I am new to this forum, and I have a question to ask about CITES. If a foreign breeder overseas already has CITES papers, photo documents, and/or microchips for an Appendix I species that happens to be on the Endangered Species Act (in this case Astrochelys radiata), do I need to apply for any CITES/ESA paperwork in return? Here is an example listing I found with some of the traits I listed earlier. https://www.terraristik.com/tb/kaufen-und-verkaufen/1-4-astrochelys-radiata/a973159/ Please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
pingu_slayer

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
This question was answered for you in detail once before. You would not be able to import a CITES Appendix I animal. You would also not be able to import an ESA listed animal.

Reactions: Tom

pingu_slayer

Massachusetts
Oh whoops my bad 😅 I forgot about that post totally sorry I am rarely on this forum so I often forget lol

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
Oh whoops my bad 😅 I forgot about that post totally sorry I am rarely on this forum so I often forget lol
Just be careful shopping for these online. There are tons of scammers out there that are just going to take your money. That would be bad but having one shipped to you could be much much worse.

Did you ever find out if anyone breeds them in Mass?