Questions about "Golden" Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Ok, so I'm going to an expo in PA on Sat. and if I bring anything home (not planning on it, but you know how that goes :rolleyes: ) I wanted something that stays a bit smaller than my leopards lol. I've been looking through threads and have narrowed it down to either an Egyptian (if I can find one in my price range) or possibly a Greek. The Golden Greeks seem to be smaller than others, is that true? If they are, or there is another smaller ssp. which would it be and how do I know what to look for in a hatchling?

I don't mean what to look for health wise - that I know, but how do I tell what ssp. I'm actually looking at? Thanks.

Saranna

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
The Golden's aren't any smaller that I know of, my girl is bigger than my Jordanian Greek was at that age. And the standard price for an Egyptian is 400$ and up (usually 450$). Any lower and you have a scam, or a low quality animal being sold cheap, so it sells fast. Sometimes baby Gypts with extra scutes will be sold alittle cheaper. But I would stay away from any Velenci adds. That man scammed another forum member already.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Yea, I figured I won't be able to find an Egyptian in my range - but you never know. I'm not planning on buying anything online. Like I said, it's just in case I find something at the show that I feel that "new baby" bond with :p

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Bumping up a little. Just need to know how to differentiate hatchlings if possible. Thanks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'll do something tonight with different Greek hatchlings. :)

Danny

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
egyptiandan said:
I'll do something tonight with different Greek hatchlings. :)

Danny

Yay! Hey Danny...do you need an adopted daughter or niece to teach your skills too? :D:shy::p

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Baby explanation time yet? Show's on Saturday :p:D You can just explain if you want...diagrams can come after lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.