Questions About Squeaking

sarahlynne

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Louisiana
IMG_4548.jpg IMG_4547.jpg Hello! I got a baby sulcata named Chrissy a couple days ago, not sure how old he is though-- we were figuring only a couple months. Today I soaked him for the first time and after only a couple seconds he squeaked at me! Of course I googled it to see if it was normal and it said it was occasionally. But then he squeaked at me two more times! I'm not sure if this a normal thing during soaking. The water was barely above lukewarm, and it only reached too the top of his bottom shell. I ended up only soaking him for about five minutes instead of ten because I was worried he was becoming agitated. The soaking seemed to perk him up quite a bit though and he is currently roaming around his tank (although I think he is mad at me for the soak). He also does this little thing with his feet where he just lets them lax (see pictures) but he has only done this during the soak, is this also normal as well? Perhaps he's just getting some sun? So I suppose my questions are-- is it normal for babies to squeak while soaking? Is there something I should watch out for? Is what he's doing with his feet normal?
Thank you.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Your water was too cold. It should be closer to bath temperature water. Putting their feet out flat like that is normal.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I know @Tom thought our soaking temp was too high, but we found that our young sully liked his soaking temps right at 105. Yes, seems warm, but our sully loved the water temps between 103-105. He'd soak at these temps almost forever! So, id suggest increasing your soaking temps until you see ur guy stretching out and relaxing.

Hes bigger now...

image.jpeg