quick gut transit?

J.P.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Thanks Tom. I really appreciate the free consult. Anyway, i showed the results to the vet and he said 0-1hpf is not an infestation, for it to be considered infested, it will be too many to count. I'll be having a weekly poop test to monitor if the amoeba is blooming or stable.

One of them is not eating much today. Usually, it grazes as soon as i put it on the grass, but today he is just smelling stuff as he wanders but not taking a bite of anything. I don't know if it's just the cloudy weather or a bad sign. Since having two babies leopards die, I am really on edge about anything out of the ordinary.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
About the DE, i use it for external parasite control like mites and fleas, ants too. It is to my understanding that DE attacks exoskeletons of pests and it has to be dry in order to work, so I am part of the crowd that is not convinced it works for internal parasites. Maybe I should look into it more, perhaps i missed something. I'll be trying pumpkin seeds too. Thanks all.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He said transit time is a few days to a few weeks, depending on the food, the tortoises's size, temps, etc.

He couldn't really answer about the amoeba and possible worm. He said basically the same thing I said. He'd have to know more about what was present. Some parasites are commensal, etc.

Nothing concrete or helpful really.