R.I.P Tiny The turtle

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
You need either a uva and uvb bulb or a Mercury vapor bulb. What are your water, basking, and nighttime temps? Did you get the turtles from the same source?

riley_bla41000

You need either a uva and uvb bulb or a Mercury vapor bulb. What are your water, basking, and nighttime temps? Did you get the turtles from the same source?

I'm not sure what kind of bulb it is, but I'm going to Petco in a little bit so I'll get a Mercury vapor bulb, That's what my other turtles have and I got they both came from a locally owned pet store, I got the first one from my friend ( she purchased it from the same place) who didn't no how to take care of it and I got the second one ( the one that died) about 3 weeks later.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Sorry about your baby! Since they are inside you should consider also adding vitamin d to their food. Unless you also take them outside. :<3:

riley_bla41000

Sorry about your baby! Since they are inside you should consider also adding vitamin d to their food. Unless you also take them outside. :<3:

I take them outside when it gets warm to bask for about 30 minutes to an hour, but our weather is VERY bipolar.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I take them outside when it gets warm to bask for about 30 minutes to an hour, but our weather is VERY bipolar.

Ah okay, I only use vitamin d when I have been unable to take my babies outside for awhile. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. :(

Randi

Canada
So sorry for your loss. It is not an easy thing to lose a pet, especially so suddenly. Keep your head up, and don't get discouraged.

Just keep an eye on the turtle housed around it for lethargy, not eating, not basking or not submerging. Hope all will be well. :<3::tort:

riley_bla41000

So sorry for your loss. It is not an easy thing to lose a pet, especially so suddenly. Keep your head up, and don't get discouraged.

Just keep an eye on the turtle housed around it for lethargy, not eating, not basking or not submerging. Hope all will be well. :<3::tort:

No the turtle is acting like he usually does, the only thing different is that he is basking more.