Radiated Eating?

Onidara

So I've had my two little ones for about four months now and I'm still having issues on them eating. Most of the time they turn their noses up at it, the little bastards. So I'm seeing if anyone else has any issues with getting radiated to eat or if anyone has ideas?

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
What are you offering?
What were they eating before you got them?
Themps, lights, housing etc are all good yeah?

Onidara

Themps housing and lights and humidity all good. I'm offering spring mix, grass, hay and murzi pellets. I don't know what they had before I got them.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
They are not big on grass or hay. Mine are fond of Mazuri but they have been eating it since they were hatchlings.
The spring mix should be palatable but who knows. I suggest trying something red. Hibiscus flowers and or Radicchio are favored treats here.
Maybe squash or mushrooms?

Onidara

Yeah mine like hibiscus too but they are not in season here. I'm going to have to try radicchio. Didn't think they would like squash or mushrooms, I'll have to try both.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Chop up finely cactus pads to where they can swallow mouth fulls, they love that stuff!

Onidara

Funny you should stay that since I ordered 2 spineless pads for them from your site before you posted this lol

Onidara

Well one of them ran to the red bell pepper so that's one now to find what the other one likes

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Oh, that was you! Ok I put in also a pad of the regular cactus we sell by the pound and one new tender spineless. You only want to feed the tender ones on the spineless type. Meanwhile would be a good idea to just pot the pads and grow them out, they already have buds now. This way you can winter them indoors and just keep harvesting the new pads.

Onidara

Wow, thank you. I'll have to get a big pot to plant it in then.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
3 gallon will do for some time, it grows fast.