Radient Heat Panel

Mons

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
I wrote them (ProProducts) recently, too. After giving cage dimensions (4*2*1.5 in my case), specifying what the cage is made out of, what animal and age it's for, specifying any openings in the cage (vents, holes for therm probes), room temperature, location, and noting proximity to windows, they recommended a "Pro Heat model PH-12, 340 BTU/h, 100 watt, 12" x 24" x 1" radiant panel," stating that "Pro Heat panels also have the highest watt density of any brand sold, resulting in a smaller unit creating a better basking area and gradient across the cage."

It is pricey for sure, but if it lasts a long time, then it's probably worth it. Same is probably true of RHPs in general. I haven't bought one yet myself but think I will.

They did also mention some staff getting Covid-19 earlier this month, pushing out production time by four weeks.

I think I read in a forum post on here that their panels are what zoos use. Not sure if that's true or not, but sharing fwiw.

Oh and same as I think Turbo20 mentioned, but given the specificity of the unit they recommended, I assume these are pre-existing panels in their warehouse.

Diane Berner

5 Year Member
Bought mine from pro products finally and will have animal plastics install it in my red foot habitat. I paid $200 which included shipping. It has a great warranty.

Xenakis

Location (City and/or State)
Laredo
Does anyone know where I can but a radiant heat panel suitable for installing into a large Animal Plastics cage?
Pro Products. They’re a separate company that works with Animal Plastics. They can send you one.