Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
Who's torts like the rain? we just had a torrential downpour and the torts didn't even try to go to their shelter not even heads and legs in shell just all hung out. But if I were to put the hose on Charlie he would run like hell is that weird or what..

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
My tortoises love the rain when it's warm outside, but if it's cool - they tend to just stay put in their houses.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My reds like the rain and the mister system but not the hose.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
I always wondered if it would be okay to leave my Russian out for an occasional sprinkle but never have - I worried he would get too cold. But, like most of you, I know he doesn't like the hose LOL

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My sulcatas all want to come out in the rain. Unfortunately it only rains in winter when its cold here, so I have to lock them all in.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
My torts loved it when we had the rain roll through phx not too long ago

Life is good

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Sometimes I find Peter hermann's tortoise walking around in the rain for hours, hunting for snails. When you touch him he feels really cold, but don't you dare try to put him inside his warm enclosure, or he'll try to maim you. :p

yltneb

5 Year Member
Our Sulcata's love the rain. We too recently had a downpour, and the large male was wallowing in the muddy puddle in apparent e
cstacy. Ours do also love a good soak with the hose. They rub their necks with their forearms much like a cat cleans its head with its paw. It's pretty cute.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
My male Russian loves the rain too, he only goes to hide if its been down pouring for a really long time. Same with the misting system, he loves it, if I am misting his cage to cool it down on a really hot day then he will follow me around until I spray directly on him and then he will spin in circles until he is drenched and then go bask.

markjsimmons

5 Year Member
It was raining today, I live in the UK (Wales) I've got three Russian Horsefield's. The two babies I kept in their hide; although I thought I'd try and see what Horace, the older of the three "he's six" would do? Well he strutted his stuff... He loved it, so from now on I don't think I'll worry so much... Thanks for all your stories: interesting...

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I'm under the impression God created rain soley for the Manouria species!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
My boxie's LOVE the rain!! They stretch out with their necks up high and enjoy it!! We had a down pour and I ran out to check on them and there they were, soaking up the rain!! :)
They have a ball when it rains!!!

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
jjsull33 said:
My male Russian loves the rain too, he only goes to hide if its been down pouring for a really long time. Same with the misting system, he loves it, if I am misting his cage to cool it down on a really hot day then he will follow me around until I spray directly on him and then he will spin in circles until he is drenched and then go bask.

Sounds adorable :p

Status
Not open for further replies.